The clash of the 28th day of the Premier League between Liverpool and Manchester City ended in a draw (1-1). By converting a penalty, Alexis Mac Allister (50th) responded to the opening score from John Stones (23rd).

This result benefits Arsenal, who retains the lead in the standings with 64 points. Liverpool are 2nd with the same number of points but a worse goal difference. Manchester City completes the podium with 63 points.

For the last dance in England for Jürgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola, there was a scent of the final at Anfield this Sunday afternoon. Under the tune of “You’ll Never Walk Alone”, the 22 players in the match entered the field with a clear common goal: to take control of the Premier League. No observation round, the game got off to a flying start and the outgoing champion took the initiatives, with Foden, and also Alvarez. Liverpool thought they would open the score in the 18th minute, after a superb collective movement led by the defenders and concluded by Luiz Diaz, but ultimately ruined by an illicit position from Darwin Nunez.

Imperial, Van Dijk held the walls until Guariola’s plan ruined those of Klopp. A corner was enough, Aké opened the space at the near post by pushing Mac Allister, John Stones infiltrated, and De Bruyne sent a perfectly measured ball to the ground, cut by the Englishman (23rd). 1-0, hostilities are underway and the Reds have their backs against the wall. With 1 small shot on target in the first period, due in part to Luiz Diaz’s lack of accuracy.

Returning from the locker room, it happened very quickly, after 5 minutes Nathan Aké and Ederson got Liverpool going again. The Dutchman’s bad back pass to his goalkeeper led to the latter’s foul, on a Nunez who arrived like a bull in the area. Double penalty for the Sky Blues, since Mac Allister did not tremble, and sent a firecracker into the cage of Ederson (50th), who had to leave the field after being hit in the collision with Nunez. After that, the domination was red.

Salah, Gakpo came into play, but also Nunez and especially Luiz Diaz who was particularly clumsy, all failed in front of Stefan Ortega, replacing Ederson. Doku stumbled against the post, Michael Oliver refused to award a second penalty at the very end of added time. And the meeting did not find a winner, at least yes, it was called Arsenal. With this final result (1-1), the tie is almost perfect on the Premier League podium. Tied leader with Liverpool (64 pts), the Gunners are rubbing their hands before going to challenge the third-placed Mancunians (63 pts) at the Ethiad Stadium on March 31. Still 10 days before the end, maximum suspense and thrills guaranteed.